Friday, August 1, 2008

Big Day

Hello all. I have gotten lost. I will try to post more often. I have pretty much been doing the same thing as always. Work-Eat-Sleep routine Monday-Thursday (Fun). I have been increasing my weekly mileage running wise. I am getting right at 40ish a week. I hope to be around 60 or so in a couple of weeks and hold that through the Arkansas Traveler 100 the first weekend in October. Yes I am crazy but I want to try. I feel like I probably will not make it but I would like to get the experience. I will do my best. Anyway, back to the big day. Tomorrow, is the Second Annual Bartlett Parks Ultra. I opted for the 40 mile option. The temperature is going to be 100 without the heat index. Last years shirt said "Tennessee's Hottest Trail Race" and they were right (105ish). I did the 50K last year as my first ever ultra. It was fun. I feel like I should do fairly well in the race. I know the course very well. Anyway, the reason I didn't go the full 50 this time is because we have tickets to see Willie Nelson and Dave Matthews that evening. Its gonna be a long one. Anyway, I will post Sunday and let you know the score.

1 comment:

Mike Hudson said...

Fuck...it was a scorcher!

Congrats on another fantastic run! Maybe if Patrick had stuck with me at my slow-ass pace he would have lasted longer! haha